Glendale AFC vs Kincorth FC

October 22, 2016
Score: 4 - 2

Match Report

They say “Firhill for thrill’s” but it’s Maryculter for Drama as Glendale knocked premier Division side Kincorth out of the North of Scotland cup in a pulsating cup tie which saw 6 goals,3 red cards,2 players carried off and a disallowed goal in a game that had more talking points than an edition of Points of View!

Make no mistake this was a great advert for Amateur football and despite the 3 red cards could never be described as a dirty game but surely one of the best games seen at Maryculter in sometime with Dale just doing enough to earn victory. The first chance of note came in the 10th minute when the afternoon’s outstanding player Graeme Oag threaded a pass through for Callum Stewart to race clear but he shot straight at the keeper when he should have done better. Kincorth’s response was 2 long range efforts which Stewart Muirhead had to look sharp to turn away for corners. Both teams were passing the ball about well but it was Glendale who edged ahead in 30 minutes in controversial fashion when Lewis Brown appeared to get the last touch as the ball went out of play only for the Referee to award a corner and when Stewart swung the ball in LEWIS BROWN stooped to head over the line at the near post. That was all that separated the teams at the break but all the drama was to come. H.T 1-0.

The 2nd half was only 3 minutes old when Oag intercepted the ball in mid field and switched the play to send JAMES McMAHON clear and the 17 year old kept a calm head to slide the ball past the advancing keeper. 5 minutes later Dale were in dreamland when again Oag  won the ball in his own half and found the perfect pass to free CALLUM STEWART who took the ball in his stride and fired past the keeper in style. However on the hour mark a heavy collision on the half way line between Brown and a kincorth player saw both players carried off with Brown also shown the red card and leave Glendale down to 10 men for the remainder. Kincorth were far from down and out and pulled a goal back when Carver was left free at a corner kick and headed back across goal for HARRIS  to bundle the ball over the line. then on 80 minutes Harris scored again but the Referee,who was perfectly positioned to be fair,ruled offside much to Kincorth’s frustration. Substitute Calum Robertson missed a glorious chance to wrap things up when he blazed over with the goal at his mercy and Darren Buchan was unlucky to see his clever effort come back off the post as the game moved onto what would be 8 minutes of added time HUTCHINS scored from a goalmouth scramble to bring Kincorth right back into the tie. Harris then became the 2nd player to receive red after picking up a soft 2nd yellow and finally Glendale put the game bed when Oag showed his class to take the ball for a walk and as the Kincorth defence opened up crossed for Robertson who teed up JOHN CAMERON who slotted home. Still the excitement was not over as Muirhead reacted to a challenge leaving the Referee no option but to brandish the red card for the 3rd time. Who else but Oag would don the gloves and he kept a clean sheet for the final minute to see his team through.

Team                                                 Muirhead

R McRae                  A McMahon             Innes         Wright

Oag            Thomson              Buchan           Brown

Stewart            J McMahon





A Stewart





Michael Thomson
Graeme Oag
Neil Innes
Cameron Wright
Lewis BrownGoalRed Card
Stuart MuirheadRed Card
Alex McMahon
Darren Buchan
Callum StewartGoal


Calum Robertson
John CameronGoal
Mark Robb